Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Justice League Movie: My Cast

Ok by now if you haven't heard, there will probably be a Justice League movie after the success of Man of Steel. So, in honor of that, I've decided to list off the possible actors and actresses that I believe would make a perfect fit into a Justice League movie. Below I've listed the heroes, villains and love interests that could belong in a Justice League movie(s). Hopefully the first would be successful because I would love to see a trilogy.



Superman/ Clark Kent: Henry Cavill


He's already played him in Man of Steel and is set to return to Snyder's sequel and I think that's brilliant. I don't think we've had a better Superman since Christopher Reeves and I'm looking forward to him reprising his role as Superman.


Batman/ Bruce Wayne: Ben Affleck


Unless you've been living under a rock, word has spread across the internet that Ben Affleck will don the famous cowl next in Zack Snyder's sequel to Man of Steel so that would mean that there's a highly good chance we'll see him in a Justice League movie. After the initial shock and wondering, "Um...don't you remember Daredevil?" I've come to terms with the decision and I'm excited to see where he takes Batman's character. If you go into this expecting to see Christian Bale's Batman, then you will be disappointed. Let's give him a shot, I mean Warner Bros. will need him especially since Legendary Pictures isn't around to help out with the financial situation. Affleck can and will bring in money.

Wonder Woman/ Diana Prince: Bridget Regan


I'll be honest and say I've never seen her works but to me, she is exactly what I imagined for the actress to portray the most famous female super heroine of all time. The reason I chose her is because she looks like she could pull off the action and the physical work that Wonder Woman is known for, she can't just be another pretty face, there's more to Wonder Woman than that.




 Green Lantern/ Hal Jordan: Ryan Reynolds  
                                                                


Ok, so the Green Lantern movie was a terrible movie, but I don't really blame Ryan Reynolds for that. I think if he was given the right material, he could pull it off. He isn't a bad actor and if Zack Snyder, David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan are all back in for the Justice League movie, I think he'd be an excellent choice, to reprise his role.


Aquaman/ Arthur Curry: Liam McIntyre




I think Liam would be a perfect fit for Aquaman. He did a great job in Spartacus and he has the look of Aquaman. I think he could really make him an exciting character and even vicious like in the New 52. There's talk that an Aquaman movie is in the talks and it'd be cool to see him in that as well as a Justice League movie. One of the ideas I had for a possible plot is alot like DC Comics story arc "Throne of Atlantis" where Aquaman must help the Justice League protect the surface world from the Atlanteans who attack the planet under the orders of Aquaman's brother, Ocean Master.


The Flash/ Barry Allen: Ryan Gosling




It will be interesting to see which Flash they use, Barry Allen or Wally West. I think it'll probably be Barry Allen and I think Ryan Gosling can deliver. He's proven to be more than a heartthrob. He gave a brilliant performance in Drive and it seems like many want him to be in a superhero movie of some type.



Black Canary/ Dinah Lance: Yvonne Strahovski


Yvonne is no stranger to action, she played a spy in the TV series Chuck and it seems like she would be a perfect choice to play Black Canary, she would utilize those martial art moves. I'm not sure how big of a role it would be but it could be fun to see her interaction with Stephen Amell's Green Arrow. 



Green Arrow/ Oliver Queen: Stephen Amell


Stephen Amell currently plays the character Green Arrow on the CW's Arrow and he has expressed interest in joining a Justice League movie. I haven't watched the show but I've heard nothing but good reviews and I think that it could be interesting to have his world merge with the one Zack Snyder created. 


Martian Manhunter/ J'onn J'onzz: Djimon Hounsou




I think Djimon is a fantastic actor and I would love to see him play the last martian, J'onn J'onzz also known as "Martian Manhunter." The only thing is, he is currently involved in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy so I'm unsure if he would be able to step into the DC universe. I really hope he can. 


Hawkman/ Katar Hol: Tahmoh Penikett



I first saw Tahmoh in the TV series Battlestar Galactica and I thought he was a good actor. I think he could make a great Hawkman and it'd be really cool to see a storyline similar to one of the episodes in the Justice League animated series episodes, "Starcrossed" where Earth is invaded by Thanagarians, his and Shayera's people. Penikett also appeared in a minor role in Snyder's Man of Steel so he's no stranger to the DC Universe.


Hawkgirl/ Shayera Hol: Tara Perry



Tara Perry has the looks of Shayera Hol, the only thing that could be troubling is that Hawkman's Tahmoh Penikett is ten years older than her. If we can get past that I think she'd be a perfect fit for Shayera. Hopefully her character would be more like the Justice League animated series character rather just Hawkman's sidekick. Heck it'd almost be better if she starts rejecting Katar Hol until the end of the movie or the second or third film. If not Shayera she would make a great Mera. Speaking of Mera...


Mera/ Queen of Atlantis: Elena Satine



Elena Satine has already portrayed Mera, the Queen of Atlantis and wife of Aquaman, in an episode of the CW's Smallville. I figured it would be fun for her to reprise her role and possibly have it be a bigger role than we are expecting. In the New 52, Mera is a really important character, and one of my favorite characters, and has been a fan favorite ever since stealing the show in Geoff John's story arc "Blackest Night." She could have a very important role if the plot of the movie was similar to the "Throne of Atlantis" story arc I was talking about earlier.


Alfred Pennyworth: Michael Caine


We would be expecting Michael Caine to reprise his role of Alfred Pennyworth, the actor himself stated that he would be interested in coming back to the role. However, he would not nearly be as important as he was in Christopher Nolan's trilogy and without Christian Bale, it might seem a little weird with him being around and Bale not. I would totally welcome him onboard if it were up to me.

Carol Ferris/ possibly Star Sapphire: Blake Lively


I don't think she would have a huge role other than being the love interest of Hal Jordan, but it could be cool to see her transform into Star Sapphire.


Lois Lane: Amy Adams


I don't care what you say about her age difference between her and Henry or her hair color, Amy Adams is the perfect Lois Lane. She nailed the role and is already expected to return for Snyder's Batman/ Superman film. She'll probably be onboard for a Justice League  film since she seems to love the character of Lois Lane, having auditioned for her many times before. 


Iris West: Anna Kendrick


  I figured to be fair, we better put in Barry Allen's love interest, Iris West. Though, I'd imagine it wouldn't be a huge role, that's saved for the actual Flash movie, but it would be appropriate. So, I've chosen Anna Kendrick. I think she is a good actress and having seen her in 50/50, I think she could pull off this role.



 Vandal Savage: Jason Isaacs



When I think of great actors who play awesome villains, one of the top actors that comes to mind is Jason Isaacs. He has portrayed some great villains such as Lucius Malfoy and  Col. Tavington. He would be the perfect Vandal Savage, and one story arc that comes to mind would be Tower of Babel. Now I know there is a movie Justice League: Doom that is the same idea, I'm saying something similar to "Tower of Babel" not actually adapting it. He's a methodical, intelligent being who is immortal and could be one of the most intriguing villains we've seen on the silver screen in a long time. 



Darkseid: Ving Rhames



Mostly everyone you ask about who would be the main antagonist in the Justice League movie will tell you: Darkseid. He's one of the most popular villains the Justice Leagues faced and I can't help but put him on the list. Though, I feel like he'd be a better villain for a second or third film than the first Justice League movie. We'd need an actor that is intimidating and has a unique, booming voice. So, I chose Ving Rhames. He would be a great Darkseid in my opinion.


Brainiac: Benedict Cumberbatch


This is my number one choice for the Justice League villain: Brainiac. He would possibly be one of the most dangerous villains ever. In the DC universe, he is responsible for shrinking the Kryptonian city of Kandor and taking it aboard it ship and leaving Krypton in ruins. He is usually a Superman villain but others have fought him. He is able to shrink and "bottle" entire cities and extract their data. He is super intelligent and could hack into any kind of technology. If you want a fun read,  read Geoff Johns prequel series to the video game DC Universe Online: Legends or Superman: Brainiac to show you his true power. This character needs to be brought to the silver screen and there is no better actor than Benedict Cumberbatch. After seeing his interpretation of Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness, I was convinced that he could play Brainiac.


Ocean Master: Karl Urban


Ocean Master is the half-brother of Aquaman and in the New 52, he is the ruler of Atlantis as Aquaman left the throne. He launches an assault on the surface world, claiming that they had wanted to start a war. If one of the movies is similar to "Throne of Atlantis", a Justice League story arc,  then Ocean Master must be present in the movie. Karl Urban would be a great choice to play Orm, he's proven himself to be a very good actor and I would love to see his take on this character.



Sinestro: Mark Strong


One of the highlights of the terrible Green Lantern movie was Mark Strong playing Sinestro, who would become Hal Jordan's nemesis and leader of the Sinestro Corps and the yellow light of fear. If they only bring one person back from Green Lantern to join the Justice League movie, then my vote is for Mark Strong, everything from his physical features to his ominous voice is completely Sinestro. A lot of people thought he could play Lex Luthor which I agree, but now that Luthor was cast (Bryan Cranston) let's see if he is brought back to bring fear to the Justice League.

If you have any other suggestions, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment